Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Launches RediTrex® Product Line For Active Rheumatoid, Juvenile Idiopathic And Severe Psoriatic Arthritis
An FDA-approved injectable methotrexate (MTX), RediTrex is designed for easy handling and dosing accuracy, resulting in increased efficacy, greater continuation rates among patients and less discomfort. RediTrex treats patients with severe, active rheumatoid arthritis and polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis who have difficulty tolerating or responding to orally delivered MTX. It is also approved for symptomatic control of severe, recalcitrant, disabling psoriasis in adults who are not adequately responsive to other forms of therapy.
"RediTrex is available in eight dosages and is designed for subcutaneous injection," said
With more than 54 million Americans living with some form of arthritis, the disease is among the most common causes of work disability in the
Other injectable MTX options available may not optimally meet the needs of an arthritis patient. Patients are offered either a vial and syringe for self-injection, or the use of an expensive autoinjector. The vial and syringe method can be difficult for a patient to handle due to limited dexterity in their hands. Additionally, obtaining the exact dose needed while preventing skin exposure to the caustic MTX can be quite challenging for patients. The autoinjectors provide a better alternative to the vial and syringe, but they remove injection control from the patient and can be painful to administer. They are also the most expensive MTX delivery.
For more information about RediTrex, including full prescribing and safety data, visit www.reditrex.com.
The Company's portfolio of FDA-approved brands includes:
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of constipation;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- RediTrex® (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia; and
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections.
The Company also has Phase II clinical programs underway evaluating its product candidates in patients with cardiomyopathy associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy as well as patients with Systemic Sclerosis and Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit links to the individual product websites, which can be found on the Company's website at www.cumberlandpharma.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure, natural disasters, public health epidemics, and other events beyond our control, as more fully discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Qs as filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-pharmaceuticals-launches-reditrex-product-line-for-active-rheumatoid-juvenile-idiopathic-and-severe-psoriatic-arthritis-301387675.html
Investor Contact - Shayla Simpson, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, (615) 255-0068; Media Contacts - Molly Aggas, Dalton Agency, (704) 641-6641, or Bailee Mulder, Dalton Agency, (615) 515-4885